Idea: BugZappers screencasts

James Gledhill jagledy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 20:31:46 UTC 2010

I think its a great idea, but since I am still fairly new I would be
watching them instead of creating them. :)

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 15:08 -0400, campbecg at cox.net wrote:
> > ---- Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Shakthi Kannan provided an interesting suggestion at a recent
> BugZappers
> > > meeting: we could record screencasts for each stage of a typical bug
> > > triage operation, and provide them on the Wiki as additional
> > > instructions for new Zappers. What do people think of this idea? Is
> > > anyone interested in working on these screencasts? Thanks!
>
> > I've never made one, and don't think I've even seen one, but if they
> > are what I think they are, I support this concept. Real-time visual is
> > better than disconnected (IRC). I do not have time, however, to
> > volunteer, at least right now.
>
> A video of the screen, basically. There's a few tools for doing it, like
> byzanz and istanbul and recordmydesktop.
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --

All you'd have to do to end the Apples/Windows... and Linux(?) battle would
be to hand out guns because all the Apples/Windows users would shoot each
other on sight while the Linux users would go to a secluded area to try to
dissemble their weapon in order to figure out how to improve it!