NM says device not ready when resuming from suspend

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri Apr 9 00:14:12 UTC 2010

I'm almost sure that this is going to fall on deaf ears since I have no
choice but to use the broadcom wl driver (as there's no open source
alternative) but I'll give it a go because this didn't used to be a
problem in f13 and isn't a problem in f12, so I regard it as a
regression.

When I resume from a suspend, NM in f13 doesn't connect to my wireless
network.  If you click on the nm-applet, the Wireless Networks section
says device not ready.

If I right click and disable and then enable wireless networking then
all is good and everything works fine.

This isn't a problem in f12, which just connects to the wireless network
(I know it's using a different version of NM) and it wasn't a problem
with NM in f13 until recently.

What are my chances of getting this addressed?

I've looked at the b43 driver, but it doesn't support my wireless card
and there doesn't even seem to be a driver in development for my card at
this moment (arggh)

my card is as follows:

$  lspci -nn | grep Broadcom
04:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n [14e4:4353] (rev 01)
09:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5784M Gigabit Ethernet PCIe [14e4:1698] (rev 10)

Rodd