headphones works for a moment and then stop

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri Apr 16 04:18:26 UTC 2010

Hi all,

If I boot into f12 or f13 and play something using rhythmbox I hear
sound through my speakers on my laptop.

If I plug in the headphones with them already on a hear sound in the
headphones for less than a second, and then I get nothing.

Unplug the headphones and sound works through the speakers. Replug the
headphones and there's no sound at all each time after the first.

I've tried restarting pulseaudio.  I've look at aslamixed -c 0.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

I've searched for bugs on this and added comments to a couple, but in
most cases they were f11 related with on f12.  I'm not seeing anything
f13 at this stage.

Rodd