F13 i386 bind not resolving

Al Dunsmuir al.dunsmuir at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 19 19:23:11 UTC 2010

Folks,

My small i386 server I use for my home LAN DNS/DHCP/SAMBA was stuck on
F10, because of the issues related to DNSSEC.

I've  been  working with Paul Wouters to attempt to resolve those with
an  alternate  setup  on  another X86_64 F12 server on my LAN. The F12
bind  was limping along (with a lot of syslog output and timeouts), so
I  decided  to  bite  the  bullet and install the F13 beta on the i386
server.

Part  of  the problem was that sympatico.ca is IPV4 only... but 522999
led  me  to specifying OPTIONS="-4" in /etc/sysconfig/named so that no
IPV6 resolution was attempted.

With  that,  I  finally  got  a  clean  setup  on  F12 by removing the
forwarders stanza as described in the following BZ:

Bug 577639 - bind Stopped Resolving (broken trust chain resolving)

Huzzah!  There are no more DNSSEC-related messages being issued by the
X86_64 F12 bind.

Unfortunately,   this  didn't cure my F13 bind - I updated 577639 with
my  named  log  messages.    It  might  help  to clear the named cache
manually  to  eliminate bogus values, but I could not find the obvious
directory.  A reboot made no difference.

Hopefully  Adam  Tkac  will  be able to come up with a bind update (or
some debug hints) for the final cure.