New release criterion proposal

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 20 15:36:00 UTC 2010

Hi, all. At the last blocker meeting, we realized there are no release
criteria regarding remote-accessible installs. If you can't install
Fedora to be remote-accessible out of the box, some sysadmins will have
a lot of trouble. So I propose we add this to the criteria:

"With the correct install configuration, it should be possible to make
an installed system immediately remotely accessible (you should be able
to install with a secure remote access service active and unblocked by
firewall-type mechanisms)"

Does that seem reasonable? Should it be a Beta or Final criterion, do
you think?