2010-04-26 @ ** 15:00 UTC ** - Fedora QA meeting recap

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 20:52:25 UTC 2010

maxamillion caught me on IRC and we discussed this a bit further.

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 12:47 -0400, James Laska wrote:
> == Proventesters check-in ==
>
>       * maxamillion - send proventester draft to test at l.fp.org for
> final
>         review (see
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-April/090252.html)
>       * maxamillion - Requested new proventester FAS group (see
>         https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2114)

The group appears to be created, thanks maxamillion and ricky!

>       * The team discussed possible next steps, including ...
>               * Recommending that current members of the 'qa'
> group ...

I'm asking on #fedora-admin if it's easy to script/batch move existing
approved 'qa' group members into 'proventesters'.  Once we have the
current critpath approvers migrated into 'proventesters', I'll ask
lmacken to update bodhi.

>                 apply to 'proventesters'
>               * Document exact criteria needed for proventesters

Will leave this as a discussion topic next week.  The open questions for
me are ...

     1. What are our expectations for proventesters?  Kamil's package
        update test plan [1] seems like a great start.  What other
        guidance can we give proventesters?  I'd like to avoid saying,
        "please just test stuff"
     2. How to determine whether someone who is requesting proventesters
        membership has the right stuff?  Can we document the criteria
        that will be used?  Bugzilla stats (new bugs, traiged bugs),
        bodhi karma supplied, mailing list contributions ...

>               * Provide a TRAC ticket template for mentor requests
> (for sample, see similar
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/newtplticket)

mmcgrath showed me the special TRAC sauce needed to enable this TRAC
plugin.  So we can provide a template for new tickets is desired.

Thanks,
James

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kparal/Proposal:Package_update_acceptance_test_plan