[Test-Announce] F-13 Blocker Meeting 2010-04-30 @ 16:00 UTC (12 PM EDT)

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Fri Apr 30 22:30:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

unfortunately I'm not sure whether preupgrade falls under the
installer part of the release criteria, so I can't formulate a
proper description of how the following two bugs impact them.
However, they break preupgrade pretty thoroughly:

a) bug 572281

With a too-small /boot partition (like the 200 MB one F12
creates by default ...), preupgrade has to fall back to down-
bug in the urlgrabber Python library in F12 (incorrect parsing
of the Content-length header from the mirror) the calculation
of whether there is sufficient disk space to put stage2 into
the partition fails. It futily tries to download despite the
insufficient size, then dies with an IOError and skips to the
"yay, everything worked, reboot now!" screen without having
downloaded any packages.

This bug is fixed upstream in urlgrabber, but there's no up-
date for F12 yet.

b) bug 58737

For some reason preupgrade currently doesn't actually download
any fc13 packages but sticks to fc12 repositories when picking
the "Fedora 13 (Branch)" target, making it a fancy way to run
a system update.

Since both have to be solved in F12 (or maybe on the mirrors,
if the bug 58737 behavior is caused by errors in the data that
preupgrade retrieves) they wouldn't delay compose, though.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein