[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Alpha TC1 Is Available Now!

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Aug 2 13:49:18 UTC 2010

> On 08/02/2010 12:21 PM, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> > What is the image called before it passes the tests?  A "test compose
> > candidate"?
> >
> > Personally, it doesn't bother me too much if a so-called "test compose"
> > is broken.
>
> It doesn't bother me as such but I think if we can guarantee that the
> images have passed through some basic sanity testing, we will be valuing
> the time of testers more and aspiring to set the bar higher in terms of
> quality of the test releases is a fundamental goal of the QA team.

> Humans shouldn't waste time on testing things that can be automated.

Hard to disagree with this in theory.  That's like being opposed to
world peace. :)

Contributions to AutoQA [1] are welcome and encouraged.  Liam has
automated the mediakit sanity tests, and is currently structuring test
drivers to automate DVD and CD installs.  If you're interested in
contributing, take a look at the installer test automation roadmap
[2].

Chris Lumens (of anaconda-devel fame) has contributed his installer
storage automation test suite to autoqa as well [3].  We're looking for
someone who is interested getting familiar with the suite and running it
against snapshots.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AutoQA