F14 Alpha DVDs do not Pass Go

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Mon Aug 2 21:32:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 13:43 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:

(snip)

> Python as long as things are broken.  Hopefully
> Python will get a lint(1) style static checker to check for problems.

These do exist, examples include pylint, pyflakes and pychecker.  It
might be nice to integrate running these into the %check of certain
python modules, though achieving a useful signal:noise ratio can require
careful configuration.

Having said that, static checking wouldn't have detected this specific
problem; it was a weird one-off (I hope) relating to how anaconda only
pulls in a subset of packaged files into the install.img

Dave