Need updated desktop-backgrounds-compat

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 07:18:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 19:00 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
> Hi,
> > Yes, I know. I've sent a mail to desktop-backgrounds maintainers
> > several
> > days ago notifying them about the move to laughlin-backgrounds, but
> > as
> > usual, no reply. I'm CC-ing Christoph who made all the fixes in past
> > (although he is not maintainer of this package).
> FWIW, I did the necessary changes for gnome-desktop, libgnome, and gnome-desktop3 in reply to your mail.

Thanks :)

> > Chris, can you please update the desktop-backgrounds[-compat] package
> > again? The maintainers seems still unresponsive :-( It needs to
> > change
> > the symlinks basically from goddard to laughlin and change requires
> > from
> > goddard-backgrounds-single to laughlin-backgrounds-single (note that
> > have still pending commit access to this package).
> Didn't you ask Chris to do this in your original mail? I thought you said this was an xfce thing?

I asked only the maintainers of the desktop-backgrounds package in the
original mail, which apparently lead nowhere, so after other people
complained, I pinged Chris, who did the change last time (even though he
isn't a maintainer of that package), about that.

> As far as commit access goes, I'm sure davidz would approve you if you pinged him on irc.

Ah, thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it :)

> --Ray
Martin