QA:Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Size for Netinst

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Aug 12 07:58:28 UTC 2010

----- "Andre Robatino" <robatino at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I removed the specific examples (which also has the advantage of one
> less thing
> to have to update periodically).

When I look at it know, I must say the examples were quite handy. I would
put there at least one example. Probably right under bullet 1 in How to
test. It simplifies thinking a bit :)

> I'd also like to put in exact byte
> size numbers
> for the lower limits as well, for consistency. As I understand it, the
> exact
> values aren't critical. Should it say 2 MB = 2,000,000 bytes, or 2 MiB
> =
> 2,097,152 bytes?

Depends on the example, but I would maybe stick to the default output
of ls -s, therefore IEC units. If all the numbers are in IEC units then
one example is enough.

> Ideally, I don't think there should be a lower size limit at all, but
> a separate
> test to detect directly whatever fault would cause such small images.

I also think the lower size limit is quite artificial and doesn't have
to be specified. If the image is broken and too small, it fail some
other test (probably boot test). I would remove lower size limit check
completely, another step for simpler test cases.

> Should the upper size limit for all the Live media be 1 GB, or should
> it be
> CD-size for some of them, and 1 GB for the rest?

AFAIK we have only one live image media, right? And that is supposed
to be sized under 1 GB.