[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Alpha RC4 Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Aug 13 16:48:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 11:34 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:

> I can install on a LV over raid 10, but can't boot successfully.
> Getting all kinds of what looks like kernel traces and msgs about
> tainted modules and mdadm failures.  Didn't see anything on the matrix
> to update and will try to get more info for a bz, but this problem first
> manifested itself with RC3.  Earlier test candidates did install ok.
> Can boot single to a debug console, but saving dmesg failed.  File was 0
> bytes. Targeted selinux.

This is a final blocker:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_Final_Release_Criteria "#  The
installer must be able to create and install to any workable partition
layout using any file system offered in a default installer
configuration, LVM, software, hardware or BIOS RAID, or combination of
the above"

if it also affects RAID0, RAID1 or RAID5, it's a Beta blocker:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_Beta_Release_Criteria "#  The
installer must be able to create and install to software, hardware or
BIOS RAID-0, RAID-1 or RAID-5 partitions for anything except /boot"

Please file it and mark it as blocking either F14Beta or F14Blocker,
thanks!