Xorg.log

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Aug 16 16:44:38 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 09:02:38PM -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:

> A half dozen Xorg log files were created in the same
> minute.

That happens if you are hit by "cascading failures".  X crashes,
there is an attempt to restart it on another display, X crashes
again and da capo al fine.  I have seen that many times with an
'intel' display driver on Fedora 12.

> The highest numbered file is included.

These numbers are display numbers and most likely a log for a
display 0 is the most interesting one as chances are that it shows
the original problem.  Maybe even Xorg.0.log.old is the one to look
at?

   Michal