[Fedora QA] #116: Clarify https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_FileConflicts to say that explicit Conflicts: are acceptable

Fedora QA trac at fedorahosted.org
Tue Aug 17 12:39:25 UTC 2010

#116: Clarify https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_FileConflicts
to say that explicit Conflicts: are acceptable
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  adamwill  |       Owner:  rhe
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Wiki      |     Version:
Resolution:            |    Keywords:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Changes (by kparal):

 * cc: wwoods (added)

Comment:

 I can't claim for sure what the intended behaviour of
 potential_conflict.py script is, but I suppose we could just modify it,
 couldn't we? I believe the intent is to show "bad"/"broken" package and
 file conflicts. If two packages contain Conflicts tag against each other,
 then that is quite OK from my point of view and potential_conflict.py
 should not print them. If we modify the script then we don't have to check
 for Conflicts tags by hand.

 Or maybe the script may print such packages, but mark them as
 "conflicting, but well created".

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/116#comment:8>
Fedora QA <http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa>