FC14: Odd yum results

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 21:00:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:29:57 -0700, Jesse wrote:

> >   Matthias Clasen wrote:
> >>
> >> This has been bugging me. I wonder if there is something we can do to
> >> speed up packages going from updates-candidate to updates-testing ? Will
> >> we get this automated when autoqa takes effect ?
> >
> > Another annoying effect is when stuff moves from testing to updates it doesn't
> > always appear in the updates at the same time it is removed from testing.
> > This pretty much always happens with the branched version as there really
> > isn't an update repo and the stable rebuilds aren't sync'd to testing rebuilds.
>
> We (Fedora releng) have been discussing various ways to make this less
> of an issue.  We haven't had any flashes of brilliance yet though.

Is it a lack of ideas or that the current software imposes hurdles?

Packages moved from testing to stable would need some sort of
"expiration date". A period of time they stay tagged with
dist-*-updates-testing in addition to being tagged with dist-*-updates.

Untagging them from updates-testing and removing them from the repo
way before they appear in the updates repo instead, is bad. It also
causes broken dependencies temporarily. Those make testing less fun
and lead to confusion when spending karma in bodhi.