F14 Alpha - First impressions

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 07:15:29 UTC 2010

 On 08/25/2010 11:21 PM, Fulko Hew wrote:

> a) I'm disappointed that I couldn't try it in VirtualBox v3.0.8,
>    but then again F13 wouldn't install there either.
>    (It might work under newer VirtualBox's, but thats all I have right
> now.
>    (The installation 'infinite loops during system loader phase with a
> stack trace')

You might want to take this up with VirtualBox.  Not something we test
for or control.

> b) I'm glad that it does (so far) attempt to install under QEMU
>    (under the virtual machine manager from Fedora 8)
>
> c) The GUI install wouldn't work, but I fell back to text install.

Hardware specs please.

> d) I was disappointed that it would not let me select the packages
>    to install (I want KDE not Gnome)
>
> More comments if I get any.

Did you use a live images?  If you did, it doesn't allow selection of
packages during installation.   The non-live images do allow you select
KDE in the custom package selection screen.

Rahul