FC14: Odd yum results

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Aug 26 16:21:32 UTC 2010

Michael Schwendt (mschwendt at gmail.com) said:
> Untagging them from updates-testing and removing them from the repo
> way before they appear in the updates repo instead, is bad. It also
> causes broken dependencies temporarily. Those make testing less fun
> and lead to confusion when spending karma in bodhi.

At the moment, we 'solve' this by doing update pushes in a certain
order such that this should not happen. (Basically, any number of
testing pushes, then a stable push, then the branched tree.)

Now, if you have mirrors mirroring updates-testing and the branched
tree on a different schedule, then this may not work. But that's a
bit beyond our control.

Bill