Where To Get Fedora 14?

Bob Cochran bcochran13 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 30 22:24:13 UTC 2010

On 08/30/2010 06:06 PM, Fulko Hew wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Bob Cochran <bcochran13 at verizon.net
> <mailto:bcochran13 at verizon.net>> wrote:
>
>      I need to set up a slightly old desktop machine for a quite
>     different,
>     nonsensitive project, and I thought I'd try Fedora 14 on it.
>
>     Where can I download a Fedora 14 iso?
>
>     I am specifically looking to use it to print to an old Xerox
>     Workcentre
>     XD100 printer, which is a parallel printer. Can I just plug in the
>     parallel cable and get Fedora to install the right the printer driver?
>

> I'd recommend going to this web site to check on printer support for
> your specific printer.
>
> http://www.openprinting.org/printers

Thank you, it doesn't seem to list one. Perhaps there aren't any, or the
XD100 doesn't have critical mass any more.

Not a Fedora question I know -- but is it hard to write a driver for
these devices? Could I author one as an unwashed device driver newbie
and expect to succeed? I am an experienced applications programmer, but
I've never written a device driver before.

Thanks

Bob Cochran