Trying spice?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 15:53:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:39:46 -0500
Adam Miller wrote:

> This isn't specific to F14 but I imagine the processes to remain the
> same (minus having to add an extra repo) and I plan to verify this
> evening and I've just started to play with Spice today on Fedora 13
> here at work:
> http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/getting-started-spice-fedora-12
> http://kraxel.fedorapeople.org/spice/README

Yea, I've seen that, but was hoping maybe that libvirt might
have enough support these days to start the machine, even if
it doesn't have an integrated viewer yet. There are so many
obscure options libvirt adds to the qemu command line, and I
have no idea which ones involve some kind of support that
won't be there if libvirt didn't start the machine. I guess
I'll have to experiment when I get the chance. I was thinking of
maybe replacing the name of the emulator with a wrapper that
just adds the spice arguments so I could still start the
machine with libvirt. I also saw a few references in mailing
lists to support in libvirt for adding arbitrary qemu
arguments, but no examples of the xml syntax.