Installing fedora while running fedora?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 08:48:25 UTC 2010

On 12/03/2010 12:55 AM, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> Can you do the same thing just running vanilla Fedora?  This would be
> a really useful feature, but I'm not seeing any information on how to
> do it.

No you can not.

Live cd works in that way that all the components are uncompressed and
loaded into memory as needed from the Live CD and everything is running
from there.

I don't particular see the usefulness in that feature care to explain
what kind of behaviour you are looking for a bit more?

Hypothetically you could do some *partition magic* given that you had
sufficient free storage space to over install Fedora over currently
running system but you would still need to *reboot* to the new install
which kinda renders it pointless that is if that was what you where
looking for.

JBG