Bugzappers EOL process and abrt bug reporters being flagged with needinfo before bugs are closed?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Dec 6 15:08:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 13:56 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 12/06/2010 01:16 PM, James Laska wrote:
> >> Yes and reporters should be able to opt out from this process chooses
> >> they do so.
> > They can.  Turn off email notification for your bugzilla account, or
> > disable notification related to flags.
> >

> ?
>
> James care to explain to me how does me stop receiving notification
> about my bugs opt out from the bugzapper process?
>
> I dont mind receiving notification about my reports what I mind is any
> kind of bugzapping handling on my bugs like setting them to needinfo
> status etc..

I didn't say it was a good solution.  I understand frustration with
email churn during EOL release time, but I'm not really sure it's a
problem.  From what I've observed, the EOL email reminders serve their
purpose.  Hey, you're bug is about to be closed ... if this is
important/critical, now is the time to act.  The alternative is silently
closing EOL'd bugs.  I don't think silently closing bugs works well with
the principle of least surprise.

Thanks,
James