[Test-Announce] Fedora 13 Alpha RC#1 Validation Test

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Sat Feb 20 23:55:55 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 16:11 +0800, He Rui wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Thanks for the ones who attended/paid attention on alpha TC test and
> quite a few bugs have been filed as shown on the results pages[1]. Now
> most bugs have been modified and F13 Alpha RC1 is available for
> testing before alpha release. Again, please exercise the installation
> and Desktop validation to make sure they meet the Alpha Release
> Criteria [2].
> Physical media(DVD/CD/boot.iso) are available at:
>
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/13-Alpha.RC1/Fedora/
> You can join us and execute test cases at:
>
> Installation:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_13_Alpha_RC1_Install
>
> Desktop:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_13_Alpha_RC1_Desktop
>

> Don't hesitate to leave your results on the above pages and please feel free to discuss queries/problems/issues on #fedora-qa or test at lists.fedoraproject.org.
>

> Thanks,
> He Rui
>
> [1]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fedora_13_Alpha_TC_Test_Results
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Alpha_Release_Criteria

The repoclosure test [1] is failing for me on both i386 and x86_64.  In
addition, the default mirrorlist URL used during a boot.iso install
seems bad (see bug#566991).  Additionally, I'm seeing a lot of SELinux
updated the wiki matrix accordingly.

There are two other issues I've not managed to pinpoint yet.

     1. The mouse/keyboard don't seem to function during any virt
        installs
     2. Unable to login as root after install -- nirik indicated this
        may also be SELinux related

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_Repoclosure