F13: only others user is available at login

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Sun Feb 21 18:31:52 UTC 2010

On 02/21/2010 12:13 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> No, this is just a bug, a wrong default. While I appreciate security
> awareness, we don't want to be paranoid-by-default.

  security by default is not the same as paranoia - allowing admins to
loosen it makes sense.

  like root login to the GUI - how is this different - is off by default
but the administrator can allow it ? selinux is on by default, sendmail
does not listen to external ip's by default, users do not all have root
privs by default ... all can easily be changed by root if they want it.

  security-by-default has been a clear desire and it has improved
enormously over the years. It is not paranoid - please dont confuse the two.

  gene