Fedora 13 and Acer Aspire One

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 02:44:17 UTC 2010

--- On Tue, 2/23/10, Dennis J. <dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:

> From: Dennis J. <dennisml at conversis.de>
> Subject: Fedora 13 and Acer Aspire One
> To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <test at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 6:16 PM
> Is Fedora supposed to be able to run
> on an Aspire One netbook?

It is!  I have one but I run Fedora 12 stable on it.  I have already tested pre Fedora 12 and went with too many ups and downs on it.

> I bootet a
> recent rawhide snapshot which seems to work well but when X
> start I just
> get a black screen and a busy pointer.

I saw this happen several times and I had no network with wireless and had to use wired connection to apply updates to see if things would improve or not via updates.  This is sadly happening right now with nouveau/and openchrome updates. One update fixes one but breaks the other :(

> Regards,
>    Dennis
> --

Regards,