Broken dependencies with Fedora 12 + updates-testing - 2010-02-27

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 10:51:10 UTC 2010

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:50:22 -0500 (EST), Paul wrote:

> > Subject: Broken dependencies with Fedora 12 + updates-testing - 2010-02-27
> >
> > The following packages in the repository suffer from broken dependencies:

> > The results in this summary consider Test Updates!
> >
> > package: autotrust-0.3.1-2.fc12.i686 from fedora-12-i386
> >  unresolved deps:
> >     libunbound.so.1
>
>    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/autotrust-0.3.1-3.fc12
>
> I fired of a rebuild. Did I need to request an ABI change as well?

Of course!

> I requested update to testing, not stable. Not sure if that is the
> right thing for a simple rebuild.

It is not the right thing. You ought to have noticed that
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/unbound-1.4.1-2.fc12
is ABI-incompatible because of a SONAME change.
And you cannot rebuild anything against that new library as long
as it is not a stable update that would be included in the koji
buildroot installations.