kstartupconfig4 error

potat0 no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Mon Jan 11 09:08:06 UTC 2010

> Rex Dieter wrote:
> lefu wrote:
>

> > YEBO Jim,
> >
> > you rock man.
> >
> > thank you. been searching the web for this from Thursday. I could log on
> > to gnome but I am a kde fan, when I got this error I assumed I have
> > upgraded incorrectly and I think fedora guys can do better with this one.
> > I mean symbolic links should have been done simply during upgrade.
> >

> Symlinks are the wrong solution.  The likely root cause here is a handful of
> f11 packages didn't upgrade properly.  The correct way out is finding out
> exactly what they were, and resolving why they got held back.
I had this exact same problem.

kdeworkspace-libs was linked against the older stable openssl, 0.9.8k I think.  F12 ships 1.0.0 beta.

yum update fixes the problem nicely, kdeworkspace-libs is now compiled against the newest libraries and all works nicely.  (updated this thread since it's top 5 in google for this problem.)

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=393678&topic_id=86601&forum=12#forumpost393678
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame potato at trash2009.com.