Little wiki tip

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 00:52:36 UTC 2010

Many of you probably know this already, but just for those who
don't...I've seen it around for a while but only really started using it
consistently lately.

Any time you're writing in the Wiki and you include a reference to a
specific Fedora release, stop and think whether it would make sense for
that reference to be automatically updated when new releases come out.
If it would, don't just write in the version number or name...use the
{{FedoraVersion}} template!

It's very simple, and it's explained at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:FedoraVersion/doc

you can just use {{FedoraVersion}} and get '12', or {{FedoraVersion||
next}} and get '13', or {{FedoraVersion|Long}} and get 'Fedora 12', and
so on. You can use it even within links - for instance I just set up a
page to have this:

[[QA:{{FedoraVersion|long|next}}_Install_Test_Plan]]

which gives you a link to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_13_Install_Test_Plan .

It saves time and effort! It's cool! All the other kids are doing it! :)