flash player 64bit?

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Wed Jul 7 13:55:25 UTC 2010

> On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 20:53 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 16:38 -0700, Rob Healey wrote:
> > > Greetings:
> > >
> > > Is there anything that can be used as a substitute for the flash
> > > player since Adobe refuses and alienates 64bit users?
> > >
> > > They either expect us to use i386 software for my 64bit!
> >
> > Not sure what that sentence means, but I'm using the 32-bit plugin on
> > 64-bit Fedora with no problems (at least no more than usual with Flash).
>
> I have a blog post up with tips on this method:
>
> http://www.happyassassin.net/2010/06/26/a-quick-reminder-on-64-bit-flash/
> --

Thanks for the pointer. Your install method works just great.

...Unfortunately, it also still means that certain sites still do not
play video correctly due to issues with nspluginwrapper. I'd hate to
think that this bug, #579092 which I reported back in April, hasn't even
been moved to assigned status because the website most affected is
http://foxnews.com but the fact is that it hasn't even been looked at.
The issue appears to be something with respect to a script loads their
Flash Player applet, most likely to queue up advertisements.

So now I have to decide between using a 64-bit Alpha version of Flash
with known vulnerabilities and using nspluginwrapper.

The problems you mention with Flash on Fedora continue...