flash player 64bit?

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Wed Jul 7 14:44:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 10:01 -0400, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> On 7/7/2010 9:55 AM, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > Thanks for the pointer. Your install method works just great.
> >
> > ...Unfortunately, it also still means that certain sites still do not
> > play video correctly due to issues with nspluginwrapper. I'd hate to
> > think that this bug, #579092 which I reported back in April, hasn't even
> > been moved to assigned status because the website most affected is
> > http://foxnews.com but the fact is that it hasn't even been looked at.
> Perhaps that's because others can't reproduce it.
>
> I have no trouble at all playing videos from http://foxnews.com/ after
> using the instructions on the Fedora Wiki for wrapping the 32-bit flash
> plugin on my 64-bit system. This is true whether or not I have the
> flashblock extension enabled.

Not true. Just because YOU can't reproduce it doesn't mean it isn't
happening. Others have reproduced the problem and also commented as such
on the bug report.

...but I suppose that if you had bothered to go actually read the bug
report, you would have known that.

So, please list out your system configuration as relevant to this area
of function. Perhaps you have somehow stumbled into a workable
work-around configuration.

“If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed,
if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.”

--Mark Twain