reporting bugs upstream : nothing on the wiki?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 19:44:09 UTC 2010

  On 07/12/2010 07:24 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> It's a topic that's currently under discussion on -devel. In practice
> I'd say it varies. Some reporters certainly are willing to make good
> upstream reports. Some aren't, indeed, but I think Ankur's probably
> right that we can add value to the ecosystem (urgh, excuse me while I
> shoot myself for that one) by providing good instructions for those who
> _are_  willing to go the extra mile.

Those instruction for those components should then be written and
maintained by the maintainer(s) of that component.

That means he/they will need to create step by step a.k.a spoon feeding
instruction for. . .
( keep in mind here the this may be an individual that has no technical
knowledge what so ever and took the time to file his/her first report.
The response to that first report will be the deciding factor if that
individual continues to file reports in the future )

How to create an account in upstream bug tracker ( not all upstream bug
trackers are mozilla bugzilla ).
How to open up a terminal and compile the component from scratch from
upstream repository encase upstream rejects the report based on what's
package and shipped in Fedora or requires the reporter to recreate the
failure using the upstream bits.
etc.
etc.
ect..