reporting bugs upstream : nothing on the wiki?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 13:15:16 UTC 2010

On 07/13/2010 06:41 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> No it does not, nor was I speaking of cases were maintainer/packager
> responds and works with a reporter and directs him upstream after
> working with him trying to track down the problem.
>
> There is a very big difference working with a reporter then redirecting
> him upstream vs directly directing him upstream with no guidance at all.
>
> One shows level of competence and the other one not.

Again, not so black and white.  If a reporter is knowledgeable,  he or
she might just prefer working directly with upstream and there is
nothing wrong with that either.  Documenting such a process within
Fedora is helpful.   Ankur,  I would suggest you propose a draft rather
than have this free form discussion where everyone would feel compelled
to voice their opinions and lead it in a dozen different directions.

Rahul