Updated Auto Scripts - Alpha Tested on my KVM Domains

Bob Lightfoot boblfoot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 22:13:11 UTC 2010

Dear Test Community:
     Some time ago I mentioned automatic scripts for starting and
executing commands on a VM.  At the time the scripts were geared to
VirtualBox-OSE.  Now I switched to using KVM and regeared the scripts
for automatic starting, maintenance and shutdown of a VM on a host.

The attached script works on my F13_x86-64 Host running a KVM
Guest. I tested the script on F12i386 ; F12x8664 ; F13i386 and F13x8664.

The flags on my system are below:
[Bob at FedoraMythbox ~]$ egrep '^flags.*(vmx|svm)' /proc/cpuinfo
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good aperfmperf pni dtes64
monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi
flexpriority
[...]

Sincerely,
Bob Lightfoot

P.S. - The comments at the start of the script should be self
explanatory.  This is an alpha version and not fully "bullet-proof". It
needs to run as root for the virsh commands to have authority.