test Digest, Vol 77, Issue 32

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Jul 15 20:13:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:52:08PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 15:35 -0400, Bob Lightfoot wrote:
> > Adam and Community ;
> >      Just a comment about your latest request.  I usually run yum update
> > --enable-repo=updates-testing and then fedora-easy-karma to see what
> > packages had updates which need feedback, skipping them the first time.
> > Adding a karma of 0 and a comment of "not tested" prevents packages I
> > don't plan to test for whatever reason {familiarity, etc} from showing
> > up again when I run future fedora-easy-karma commands.  It can become a
> > real hassle skipping 4 or 5 packages {some of them Crit-Path} just to
> > find the two or three you want to add karma on but can't recall their
> > full and proper name so you're lazy and letting f-e-k do the work.  I
> > hope I'm making my concept/point clearly enough.  We need some means
> > within f-e-k for a tester to flag a package as skip presenting this to
> > me. Right now the 0 karma and "not tested" comment does this.  And I'd
> > prefer the tracking of what I want skipped be done for me, not that I
> > ahve to  maintain a list.  Don't want much do I :)
>
> Till, could f-e-k grow a 'don't show me this update again, foo!' option?

Yes, but what exactly do you want to have? If you do not want to test
updates for a certain package ever, just remove the package from the
machine. And if the package is already installed and did not cause any
trouble (e.g. because of broken deps or conflicts), then afaik a zero
karma comment is ok.

So would it be enough to have a short-cut for this 0-karma comment with
a predefined text or should this new command make f-e-k create a local
list of updates to ignore?

Regards
Till