Firefox-3.6.4-1.fc13.x86_64

Maximi89 maximi89 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 02:06:23 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin J. Cummings <cummings at kjchome.homeip.net>
Date: 2010/7/15
Subject: Re: Firefox-3.6.4-1.fc13.x86_64
To: test at lists.fedoraproject.org

On 07/15/2010 08:32 PM, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> I have firefox-3.6.4-1.fc13.x86_64 installed. Not sure if that is from
updates
> or updates-testing.

yum list firefox
Installed Packages
firefox.i686       3.6.4-1.fc13          @updates

There is nothing in currently in updates-testing, and the version in
rawhide is 3.6.4-1.fc14.

> I was just reading some feeds from google reader, when firefox abruptly
> crashed. When I restarted it, a message appeared stating that firefox does
not
> support google reader and that I should update to a newer version of
firefox.

> This is the latest firefox available. What am I to make of this warning?

If indeed it is correct (which I doubt, since you were using 3.6.4 when
it crashed), you might try removing it and installing the latest firefox
directly from Mozilla (is there even a 3.6.5 there??).  AFAICT, Firefox
4 is still in BETA, so it can't be considered the "latest" Firefox
unless you were reading some BETA google reader feeds....

I'm actually using Mozilla Firefox 4.0b2pre
this works a lot better than Mozilla 3.6.4 almost in my case... it works
better, i mean it crash minus than the version you are using, this happens
because it blocks when the flash crash.
But, still crashing some times... you should test it, if it works better for
you.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com