L10N QA Template for F14

He Rui rhe at redhat.com
Wed Jul 28 07:12:31 UTC 2010

Hi Igor and noriko, apologies for the late reply.

On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 20:21 -0300, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> Em Sex, 2010-07-23 às 15:18 +0800, He Rui escreveu:
> > Hi Igor,
> >
> > The template looks quite good, and I did some minor changes on it, hope
> > it's helpful. I found out that the tests in your template are to test
> > packages on desktop, so I'm curious about the language/keyboard tests in
> > anaconda during installation of images(such as boot.iso, DVD, or CD). I
> > had a talk with noriko earlier, she told me that the translation of
> > built images will be due before 2010-08-23, therefore the test of this
> > part is planed to happen between 08-23 and 08-31[1].
> >
> > So will there also be a similar test template and test results page for
> > tracking the tests of translation and keyboard in anaconda?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Hurry
> >
> > [1]
> > http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-14/f-14-trans-tasks.html
> >

> Hurry, thanks for making it better.
>
> Unfortunately, the i18n team doesn't have a specific test case template
> to cover keyboard testings in Anaconda [1]. But we do have test cases
> covering i18n installation [2].

Hehe, these tests are created by myself with guidance from Adam, James
and Jens. But I think [2] should be renamed as l10n installation since
l10n team is in charge of the translation?

>  Testing this could be trick, since it
> demands different keyboards in different languages. Probably, the easier
> way of doing so is to ask the L10N members for testing their keyboards
> while testing the translations.

Agree. Most of us only have qwerty keyboard, so it's important to ask
the translators and testers who use non US keyboard to help test it in
anaconda.

> I think that the existing test cases are
> not executed in that way.

Thanks for reviewing them, I'm not a master of kbds/languages testing,
so I'll really need your help on improving these tests.

> Anyway, we still have to write a specific test
> case template if we want help from the L10N members. I believe this is
> worth testing because we had a lot of trouble with this issue during the
> Fedora 13 development cycle.

Yeah, recently I found a bug(#617040) in F13 GA which even prevents
install by using Arabic language. This is one of the issues which should
have been discovered under the F13 cycle.

So to improve on this, in F14 cycle, how about we hosting it as a test
day topic[3]? The translation is gonna be finished after Alpha phase, so
this test day could be someday in the beta phase targeting on language
translation and keyboard tests in anaconda for Beta candidates. Test
cases[2] could be further modified or changed for use, and then we need
to find testers both inside and outside the groups to maximum the
participation and bugs discovery on that day(s).

What do you think of this?

Many Thanks,
Hurry

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:I18n_Test_Cases