reporting bugs upstream : nothing on the wiki?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 18:24:30 UTC 2010

  On 07/28/2010 05:29 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> In general I think we could just say that the best approach is to write
> strictly factually about how to report bugs upstream, as opposed to
> trying to codify the reasons why someone might choose to do so.
Actually instruction how to file bugs upstream should be under
components page or components group page on the wiki.

So for an example if working with Gnome upstream bugzilla the
instruction to do so should be on a page under
fedoraproject.org/wiki/Desktop.

Those instructions need to be on a step by step bases usage along with
explanation of the different bug workflow upstream has in their bugzilla
vs ours and also explanation on what's the difference between upstream
bugzillas vs bugzilla.redhat.com to avoid confusing reporters using our
bugzilla and theirs, that is if upstream is using mozilla bugzilla to
track their bug reports ( which is far from being the generic case ). To
give you an example bugs status on bugs filed against components in Red
Hat and bug status on bugs filed against component in Fedora do not have
the same meaning behind them and are treated differently even thou they
are using the same bugzilla instance together.

JBG