L10N QA Template for F14

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jul 29 15:12:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 08:54 -0400, John Dulaney wrote:
> In theory, changing the keyboard shouldn't break anything
> since the scan codes are the same; what is actually written on the
> keys doesn't
> matter.  However, we all know about the difference between theory and
> reality.
>
> As for the test day, I concur.  I myself am willing to test the German
> and French
> versions, although there shouldn't be enough difference there to
> matter in
> terms of breaking stuff.

What we're interested in is not changing the keyboard per se, but
changing the keyboard *layout* selected in the installer and making sure
it works correctly. (This is something that's been broken several times
in the past). It's easiest to test this if you actually have the
appropriate physical keyboard, but you can test without for many
layouts.