Release criteria proposal: automated bug checking tools functionality

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jul 31 01:52:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 21:14 -0400, John Dulaney wrote:
> Why would we have to make it submit reports now?  Unless the steps
> needed to
> implement this are very few, there are plenty of other things that
> have a higher
> priority right now, no?

The tools should always be capable of submitting reports. When they
can't, it's a bug. There's no special work that needs to happen to
enable it.

Having reporting working is a reasonably high priority because the whole
point of having pre-releases is to catch bugs, and the point of
automated bug reporting tools is to make catching and reporting bugs
easier. Writing tools for that purpose and then not having them work in
pre-release phase would be quite a waste :)