Testcase "Anaconda User Interface VNC" updated

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Jun 15 11:42:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 10:53 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 06/15/2010 10:09 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > PS: If anyone sees any deficiencies in other test cases, feel free to
> > improve or suggest an improvement.
> >

> WARNING!!! VNC server running with NO PASSWORD!
> You can use the vncpassword=<password>  boot option
> if you would like to secure the server.
>

> Do we ( should we?) have separate test case to check if setting and
> using the vnc password works?
> ( "User can connect with VNC client with and without having a password" )

Good suggestion.  I'm always worried about getting too many tests that
we drown in them.  Perhaps we have this VNC+passwd test only run once
during a cycle, or we update the test instructions to try *both*
password and password-less operation?

Any preference?

Also, should we add a step in the 'how to test' to confirm that modifier
keys work
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F13_bugs#vnc-modifier-keys)?

Thanks,
James