Reopening others' bugs (Re: Closing of Fedora 11 Bugs at EOL)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 17 17:08:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 19:48 -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:

> Bill Nottingham handed it over to the Red Hat Bugzilla product; I'm not
> sure whether that was intended as a sign of assent.  Nothing has
> happened since then.

I've poked our Bugzilla maintainer about that.

> Perhaps I should broaden the request to all bugs, not just zapped ones,
> since there are some non-zapped bugs that I believe were closed for
> bogus reasons but I cannot reopen, for example:

Practically speaking, that'd be much easier to implement, I think.

> It's easy to imagine that letting anyone reopen any Fedora bug would
> lead to complete chaos, but our choice is in some sense really between

People seem to always assume the worst when it comes to Bugzilla, as if
the place is home to a ravening horde of evildoers who are just gagging
to screw up as many reports as they can, if only we'd give them the
permissions. I've always found that a bit odd. In general I find most
people behave fine on Bugzilla, no matter what permissions they have.