Fedora 14 Schedule

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 16:06:09 UTC 2010

On 06/18/2010 03:32 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> QA gang, any thoughts here?
>>
> I'm not big on putting the Test Days into that schedule, I think the
> current system works fine from a scheduling POV.
>
> I don't think having fewer Test Days would improve attendance. I think
> people just show up to Test Days they're really personally interested
> in, no matter how many there are. I don't think many people are thinking
> 'well, I'd come out to all the Test Day events, even ones I don't care
> about, if there were fewer of them!' That's just my gut feeling, though.

Similar to my gut feeling..

Perhaps if we advertise it more and increase the test period from a day
to a week we might get a better test coverage since testers might not be
available exactly during the test day's time and think to themselves hey
we just missed the test day so we wont perform those tests.

We could group more tests into a test week and advertise as a Fedora
test week and ask the testers to perform what ever test that interest
them from the list of tests we provide for the test week and we would
then gather the result in a weeks time instead of a day.

This would give both maintainers and tester a bit more flexibility
regarding the usage of their time instead of forcing them to bound to a
single day. They might only be able to spare an hour per day which would
only give us an hour for a test day but 7 hours of testing for a whole
test week.

If we want to improve test cover in general we might need to split tasks
amongst people. John and Linda take test a - c, Betty and Bertha test y
- z etc.

JBG