Fedora 14 Schedule

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jun 19 04:43:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 23:22 -0500, Jeff Raber wrote:
> > I want to keep to the 'Test Day' because the concurrency aspect - having
> > everyone in IRC, including a developer to give a very fast feedback/fix
> > loop - is one of the key features, and you can't maintain that over a
> > period longer than a day.
> >
> > However, I do agree in one way: we can certainly make use of testing
> > done outside of the exact 'day', and we should make sure to always
> > communicate that. I try to do so when talking about Test Days and when
> > making pages for them, but any ways we can be even more explicit about
> > this would be great:)
>
> My thoughts:

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff!

> 1. The "Arriving after the date above?" admon on [1] & [2] work well to
> deliver the message about testing after the 'day'.  Consider using this
> same admon on future test day pages.

Indeed. I should make sure it's in the template page, actually. Thanks.

> 2. Consider adding something similar to the 'Fedora_$REL_test_days' [3]
> and 'Test_Days' [4] pages.

Also a good idea.

> 3. Calling it a Test _Day_ sure makes it sound like it is limited to a
> single 24hour period.  Maybe this is a marketing problem, is there a
> better name?

If there is, I haven't been able to think of it :(. As I said, the
problem is it cuts both ways; the 'day' concept has good connotations as
well as bad ones. I haven't been able to come with anything that keeps
the good while cutting the bad. Suggestions gratefully received!