QA recommendations for F-14

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 24 16:05:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 11:47 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

> I'm just saying, if KMS doesn't work, I don't even attempt vesa, I just
> go straight to VNC.  Maybe I'm too close to the implementation, in that
> I know all the ways vesa won't work (Xen guests, things that aren't PCs,
> EFI machines, any of the five thousand x86 emulator bugs...).  But I
> don't understand trying something that could fail before trying
> something that'll definitely work.

I think you're right, in that you're too close to the process. Probably
if people considered it a straight choice between VNC and vesa, they're
comfortable with using VNC, and they have the necessary hardware
(another PC) handy, sure, VNC is the sensible choice. But those
conditions don't always prevail, as the replies suggested :)