i have to *choose* between graphical desktop and S/W dev?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Mar 15 11:14:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, Kamil Paral wrote:

> ----- "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>
> > first attempt at installing f13 alpha and i'm a bit puzzled by the
> > installation options.  if i don't want the default, i can choose
> > *one* of:
> >
> >   * Graphical Desktop
> >   * Software Development
> >   * Web Server
> >   ... etc ...
> >
> > that just seems weird.  so if i want both of those first two
> > choices, i need to customize now and go in and manually select?
> > that seems counter-productive.
>
> It could be a list of checkboxes, instead of comboboxes.

  that's sort of what i was thinking.  my memory fails me -- what did
it *used* to look like?  i'm pretty sure they weren't radio boxes
before.

> On the other hand, it is really easy to click "Customize now" and
> select the appropriate checkboxes with even a more detail. It takes
> just a slightly more time.

  true, but it still requires a little more tech savvy that seems
unnecessary.  so, if i might ask (again?), was there a specific
reason for using radio boxes in this context?  perhaps there was and i
just haven't seen it.  i'm willing to be persuaded that this is the
correct thing to do, i just haven't seen a compelling argument yet.

rday