Update testing policy: how to use Bodhi

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sat Mar 27 00:58:12 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> writes:
> On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 15:49 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> What are everyone's thoughts on this? Thanks!

> Unless we use some sort of value for this feedback, there won't be able
> to be a way to autopush the update once criteria is reached.

Is that a bug, or a feature?  I thought the entire thrust of Adam's
proposal was to make bodhi feedback be useful to the maintainer to make
an intelligent decision whether to push the package stable.  Auto-push
is the exact opposite of an intelligent decision.  I think getting rid
of auto-push would be a fine idea.

We should still have the "old testing" auto-nag emails, just in case
a maintainer forgets that he's got a package sitting in testing.
I don't see what auto-push gains us though.  (Possibly because I have
never yet had an occasion where auto-push did anything useful for me;
it usually never fires at all for my packages, and on the one or two
occasions when it did, it did the wrong thing IMO.)

			regards, tom lane