VMware Server configuration question

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu May 6 14:11:05 UTC 2010

On 05/06/2010 07:39 AM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> Trying to configure the latest VMware Server v2.0.2 under F13Beta.
> (Annoyingly) near the beginning of vmware-config.pl -- in fact the next
> question after "Where's the CC compiler?" -- it asks:
>
> What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
> running kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]
>
> I've always answered <Enter> at this question and it was accepted. Now
> it says:
>
> The path "/usr/src/linux/include" is not an existing directory.
>
> I don't have much to go on here. Does anyone know the right answer for
> F13?

OK....Let's recap here....

First, not sure if you want F13 as the "host" or the "guest"....  But
the latest VMware server is, as you say, V2.0.2 and the latest build was
on 27 October 2009.  So, you have a closed source application....which
was released well before F13 and you want what?

But, maybe you are interested in downloading and using the "SIFT
Workstation VMware Appliance"?  If so, what is the relationship between
it and F13?  AFAIK, the appliance will work as a VMware Server Appliance
and as long as you have VMware server installed...on any platform, it
will be just fine.  I don't think there is any such thing as a "natural
host" in the context.