Help us with reviewing automated tests

Josef Skladanka jskladan at redhat.com
Mon May 31 12:47:48 UTC 2010

Hello gang,

as a member of Fedora QA team, I'd like to ask you, our precious
community members, to help us with reviewing (and possibly creating) new
automated tests.

I'm not sure, if you're familliar with the awesome AutoQA project
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AutoQA> - a Python based framework we
use for automated testing. At the moment, we have tests focused on
package/repo sanity some anaconda and install tests.

Lately we started to work on tests which check LSB compliance of
initscripts in Fedora. We already have some 'upstream' in the running
AutoQA environment (e.g. openssh [output
<https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-results/2010-May/022261.html>, test
source
<https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/browser/tests/initscripts/tests/openssh/runtest.sh>]),
but there are more to be reviewed and pushed 'upstream'.

I've created a wiki page
<https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/wiki/initscripts> which describes how
could you help. I'll appreciate any feedback, and I'll be more than
happy if you choose to participate on reviewing the test, so we all can
benefit from having the initscripts LSB compliant, and maybe you'll get
so interested in automated testing, that you'll decide to help us with
developing the AutoQA and automating all kinds of tests.

Regards

joza