F14, fresh install catapi-common

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 2 21:36:17 UTC 2010

I figure I'll see if this is a Just Me issue.  I probably won't have
time to follow up on a bug report, since this is a machine I use for
work.

I went to install rdesktop, and it listed catapi-common as a dependency,
(which is bloat, see below.)

That hung yum.  I eventually tried rpm -Uvvh catapi-common and it has
hung for about an hour so far.  It hung at getent group ctapiusers,
eventually got past that and has been hanging for the last 40 minutes or
so on groupadd -r ctapiusers.

I just copied over the rdesktop binary from an F13 installation and ran
it without a problem.  Meaning there's no need for ctapi-common.

I'm extremely busy this week, and really don't have time to follow
up--I'm letting this rpm -Uvvh run over night, we'll see.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: Oh my god! She killed him! (touches dust) Oops. My
bad. It's just dust. I forgot to clean under the rug.
Doyle: What are you trying to give me a heart attack?
Cordelia: Hey, don't blame me if he's too cheap to hire a cleaning
lady.