bug report for palimsest (disk utility)

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Nov 5 11:34:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 07:29 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> I can't find a category to file a BR for palimsest.
>
> Problem is: when performing operations, such as writing partitions,
> formatting fs, palimsest causes X server to suck 100% of cpu, making machine
> almost unusable.

# rpm -qf /usr/bin/palimpsest
gnome-disk-utility-2.32.0-1.fc14.x86_64

When the display becomes unresponsive, are you able to remotely login to
the system to inspect/monitor logs?  Does the system return to normal
responsiveness when the operation has completed?  Are you performing
operations on the same disk that contains your root partition (certainly
possible, but I wonder if that could be causing contention).

Thanks,
James