Virtually impossible to keep load under 0.5 on idle desktop with F14+kms

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Tue Nov 9 23:51:20 UTC 2010

On 11/09/2010 10:53 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 22:42 +0100, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:
>> This about cuts the battery life of my laptop in half if I'm not
>> mistaken.... I understand it's not a blocker, but I can't believe the
>> kernel people don't consider this a bigger problem. Oo
>
> I'm not sure if it actually does. I think it depends if there's
> *actually* a higher load, or if it's just some kind of misreading in the
> load indicator. I guess Kyle would be able to tell us one way or the
> other.

 From what I can gather on the various threads and bugzilla entries there
are at least two different issues here: One is the "load balancing" issue
that does I think cause actual cpu load and then there's an issue where
process cycles get accumulated and thus counted multiple times which
wouldn't increase the actual load but make it look as if that is the case.

Regards,
   Dennis